Monday, September 13, 2010

Assignment 1 - Pots et al.

I think I owe you all couple of words about my pot. I got it from Jordan and it was pretty scary at first to work with it. The pot was shiny silver and it had an artificial plant in it. After removing the plant I started shooting and it was just great! I remembered most of the techniques that our professor showed in studio and you can see the raw results below. I gave each pot a written thumbnail just to remember the settings in the future. Enjoy.

Pot + Light from the left + NO Horizon + Mirror


Pot + Light from the left + Horizon


Pot + Light from the top + NO Horizon


Pot + Light from the back +  Horizon


Pot + Light through the umbrella + NO Horizon + 2 Black Foam Boards


Pot + Light from the left + NO Horizon + 2 Black Foam Boards + Different distance from the main light source + Aperture (just the exposure, the rest is as in original RAW)


While all the pictures of my silver pot were taken from the studio tripod, I took the picture of the framed glass artwork (by Picasso) at home. I hanged it on my closet door knob and then I took the picture from the tripod on my desk. The results are not as good as the ones from the studio, but I did my best. I measured the light on each corner of the picture and then I tried to shoot aiming in the middle of the picture with the same settings. I am still waiting for my equipment to come. All already ordered today.

Artwork behind the glass:



Painting without texture


While the thumbnail of the actual texture looks like this:


I realize that the assignment was to take a picture of the painting with and without texture, but honestly, I still don't know how to accomplish it. I think you can use the light from the bottom yet again, I must wait for my equipment to come, so that I can test my theories on my new assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment