Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cooltural Pick of the Week 4

I think I am going to use this blog to start writing about things I really like or I want to recommend to the other. So far I've been trying trying to submit posts about some artists I barely knew. Today it will be slightly different. Today I would like you to meet Rafal Jozwiak.

Rafal is a great friend of mine and we keep one another in check when it comes to photography. We both travel a lot and we take too many pictures wherever we go. Recently Rafal visited Asia and he has kept bragging about its beautiful countryside and fantastic people living there. You should go ahead and visit his website. He keeps most of his pictures in black and white and he values unique situations and oriental cultures. The picture below is one of my favorite ones because I know the place and I can appreciate the beauty of spontaneous settings and its simplicity.

If you have any questions about Rafal's photography feel free to send him an email. The address should be somewhere on his page. The guy speaks fluent English and he would be more than happy to talk to you about planning the trip to Cambodia or Vietnam together. God only knows how many times he's asked me to go there with him. 


My second cooltural pick of this week is the movie Let me in. Normally I am getting pretty upset when American directors try to modify something foreign that is already great. I sincerely hope I am wrong this time and that Matt Reeves will do as good job as he did with the Cloverfield. The movie should be out at the beginning of October, so really soon. See the trailer and take a look at some of the original pictures from the Swedish version called "Let the right one in."





Original Images from Låt den rätte komma in:

No comments:

Post a Comment